Dark haired and lovely, Kristi at My Three Sons Shine, has nominated this little ole blog for the Liebster Award. Thank you so much Kristi!!! I am honored and so very blessed. Kristi’s blog is delightful to the eye and encouraging for the Homeschooling Mama. I love her heart that she bares raw to her readers. Her blog is worth spending some quiet, “mama time” to receive blessing, laughter and encouragement.
You may be asking yourself, “What in the world is the Liebster Award?” and “What is Liebster?”. Liebster is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued. This award is given to bloggers from bloggers. It is a wonderful way for sharing blogs we love and growing our internet presence in a wonderful way. Thank you Kristi for nominating my blog! I am honored.
Kristi has a series of questions for me to answer for my readers. I hope you enjoy!
1) If you could choose any superpower, what would you choose and why?
I desire to see to the heart of each person. Not, the organ of the person. The deepest place of emotions of each individual would show me what is really going on inside that person. It’s easy to judge a person on the outward behavior but I think knowing what is really going on inside may be a wonderful superpower.
2)Where is your favorite place to be?
Worshiping God, side by side with my hubby and intertwined with us are the arms of our four children. This is my sweet spot.
3)What do you hope to be most remembered by?
My love for God and trust in Him even when circumstances were far from ideal or comfortable.
4)What do you do for fun?
I hang with my hilarious husband and watch movies, play games with my kiddos, hang with girlfriends and laugh until our guts ache, capture moments and beauty via photography. Some days, the kids and I blast the music and dance in our seats while we are running errands. I love to have fun!
5)Where do you see yourself in ten years?
I will still be home educating one to two teens, walking side by side with my husband in full time ministry and writing a book that is already promised to get published. I sure hope I am more mature than I am now and yet, having more fun than I ever have.
6)What encouraged you to start blogging?
I began blogging in 2008 when my family was very young and growing. We had two young children and we wanted to share pictures with family and friends. I had a deep desire to write about all that was going on in our lives and all that God spoke to my heart through those seasons. After my diagnosis, my writing stopped for a year. My world had drastically changed. I began blogging again in March 2013 and with this blog began a new ministry.
7)Where did you grow up?
I grew up in a small, quiet, western themed, cow poo smelling town near Riverside, CA.
8)What is one goal you have for yourself?
Thrive. Thrive spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. And if one of those fails, to still thrive because I have HOPE in eternity!
9) If you could choose any job in the world, what would you choose?
I love so many things and as much as I would love to have all the time in the world to write and photograph, I wouldn’t exchange any of that for the job I have of loving on my babies, raising them up in God’s truth, giving the gift of love to learn and taking care of my home. I love what I get to do.
10) What is your favorite memory from your childhood and why?
The time my parents who had been divorced for some time, took my brothers and I to see “Man of La Mancha” at a Candlelight dinner show. It was the gift of togetherness when all was broken and it was the power of the play that we enjoyed together.
11) What is the best thing you have ever experienced?
The moments I touched each of my children and looked into their faces for the very first time are truly the most remarkable experiences ever!
Whewweeee! I hope that was fun for you to learn a little more about me.
Now I get to share and nominate some of the blogs I love to read and grow with.
- Joannasnow.com is one of my faves! Christian counselor and Life Coach, Joanna Snow, pours into her blog posts what she has studied for her Master’s degree, counseled to her friends and clients and pondered in her heart. I always find incredible insight and encouragement from her blog.
- www.connectingheartsblog.wordpress.com is another one of my faves. Nancy has a love for Jesus that pours into her pondering through blogging. Her years of digging into God’s word and her BA in Psychology give us wisdom and counsel. I cherish the gift of truth wrapped up in the love of Jesus that she never fails to give her readers.
- Joynessthebrave.wordpress.com is a sword that sharpens my own. I find wisdom and nuggets of richness that I savor and ponder each time I read her blog. Joy has inspired me from her teen years until now and I have no doubt that her words will continue to build me up through my years.
- www.theprincessparables.com is my fourth nominee. Jeanna is a writer, speaker, home educator, event planner and so much more. She shares her stories to encourage children and mothers and draws us closer to the God she loves. Her battle with cancer has brought a new area of ministry through her trials. Her words build up and ignite a new strength.
Have fun visiting my friends at their websites! I know you will be so very blessed.
For the official rules of the Liebster, click here.
Eleven Questions for the Nominees:
- Why did you begin your journey of blogging?
- Who inspires you the most in your writing?
- How long have you been blogging?
- If you were to travel to your dream location, where would it be?
- What do you do for fun?
- Who makes you laugh more than anyone else?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years?
- What is one goal you have for yourself to fulfill within the year?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- Where is your favorite place?
- How do you want people to remember you?
Alright nominee friends, now it is your turn to nominate the blogs that you love! Have a blast with the questions and may the Father continue to bless the work of your hands.